Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resent success a result of player meetings?

I know I haven’t been very active lately other than doing the game day posts. Christmas break is over so I’ve been a little busy moving my stuff back to Kalix.

Anyways, the Ducks are going strong right now. I think the recent injuries on Teemu Selanne and Ryan Getzlaf actually helped a little. Guys like Dan Sexton, Matt Beleskey and Petteri Nokelainen have stepped up providing some offense and now that Selanne and Getzlaf are back the team has gotten a huge confidence boost.

Also, a big part of the Ducks success lately I think is due to the talks between GM Bob Murray, the coaches and the players that were held the previous week. While not too many can say for sure what was being discussed, I can’t think of anything else but the trade deadline. Obviously, if the team doesn’t keep up this way changes are going to be made. I don't think Murray was shy to inform on that. Now the Ducks are a team in desperation mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment