Friday, November 20, 2009

Andy Elwho?

I'm a 19 year old guy, born and raised in Pitea, Sweden. A small city in the north, but which has developed NHL players such as Mikael Renberg, Mattias Ohlund and Tomas Holmstrom.

My name is actually Andreas, but I found that it would be easier for most Ducks fans to refer to me as Andy. Elvstrand is my last name, which for you who are curious means: Elv (properly Älv)=River and Strand=Beach.

Despite my young age and my location, I've been a Ducks fan as long as I can remember. But it wasn't until after the lockout season I became a true die hard fan. Which on the other hand was difficult before - not having broad band Internet speed.

While I'm still very young, hockey has been my life since the lockout. Which, alongside a talent for writing articles (which likely wont show here in English, yet) made me a Ducks reporter on SvenskaFans.com, the biggest online Sports Community in Europe, at an age of 15.

This summer, I left Pitea in order to enter a journalistic education in Kalix (even further north), and that's where I'm at as we speak. Being one of the main writers at SvenskaFans.com/NHL, I frequently get news before most others. With that being said, I'm not just some random fan who decided to run a blog. I can proudly say I've, among other things, done a couple of articles with Adam Brady and Dan Wood, both journalists working within the Ducks organisation.

I have my own Ducks blog on SvenskaFans as well. Not that I expect you to understand what's written. But just in case you're curious of what I might look like.
SvenskaFans Ducks Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment